Friday, May 11, 2012

The Mess of Today

(This blog post was originally written in May! We have since rearranged--again--and I'll post those pictures soon enough! Again, some images have been blurred for privacy!!)

Ok, here goes. This is the mess of today!! Hidden within this mess though, are several little things we have done to organize & put things in their place. I will be taking some snapshots and showing you those in the near future. For now, though, you hopefully have a good idea of the kind of space we have to work with and what kind of stuff we need to find a place for. Many of the boxes you see in the following pictures contain fragile items, pictures, and books. All of which will be able to be completely unpacked when we purchase some shelving of some sort. Also, this is just pictures of the downstairs living areas. I have not taken any of the upstairs but that will come, too!!

As my readers & greatest supporters, your feedback is important!! Tell me what you would do if this was your place! Tell me what you have done in your own home! Show me your organizing secrets! We learn from each other and I am by no means an expert! I would love to see your awesome ideas!!


This is what our dining room looked like...not much of a place to eat!




Media Area


 Here's our "media area"! (Images have been blurred for privacy!)
View of Living Room
 This is another view of the media area with the small couch and back door in the background. Tons of junk!!
View of Living Room
This is the other couch, the back door, mini coffee table, bookcase in the corner, and more boxes of fragile items!  It is a mess!








And that, my dear friends, is an honest glimpse into part of our house. One day....it will all have a home!!
Side note--we are considering swapping the TV and large couch and mimicking the layout we had in our one bedroom apartment back home. It seemed to work well for us and I think we may benefit from the same layout here. Still talking it over with the hubby!

We're on this dance together so I look forward to hearing your stories too!!

1 comment:

  1. We need an update! :) Looking forward to one!

    -Jenny
    Molifemoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete